Mobilization Specialist (Mobilizer)
Mobilizers focus on fulfilling the mission and vision of GlobalGrace Fellowship through recruiting workers and cultivation of GGF partners. Mobilizers motivate, exhort, and come alongside churches, students, and individuals to consider missions and to build and advance God's kingdom values. They make periodic field visits to hear missionary stories first hand and stay current on field needs. They strengthen links between GGF missionaries and supporting churches and individuals. Mobilizers also represent GGF's global work and develop financial and other partners for the organization.
- Seek New Missionaries: As a mobilizer for GlobalGrace you will proactively seek out new missionaries or experienced missionaries looking for new opportunities with a different organization.
- Initiate contact with seminaries, universities, and churches: You will seek opportunities to speak to presidents, professors, senior pastors and mission pastors to share the need for missionaries. You will seek to speak in classes and churches to share the challenge. You will provide information about GlobalGrace and various priority needs around the world.
- Cast vision: You will help people understand the challenge of people who live where there is little or no access to the Gospel, few or no churches, Christians, Bibles, or other ways to hear the Good News of Jesus.
- Share with people in order to personalize the message of missions: You will gather stories and be able to share word pictures which might help people visualize themselves in those situations. You need to present stories which help people see how hopeless and helpless many people in unreached people groups feel.
- Share stories which help people see themselves going as missionaries. Help people visualize being the very first person ever to share the Gospel to an entire unreached people group. Many in unreached people groups have never heard about a God of love, most do not know what it would be like to receive grace, mercy, forgiveness and be set free. Most have never clearly heard about Jesus, who came to die for their sins and then rise again. Few know God has given us His word as revelation and truth.
- Keep records of contacts. You will stay in touch as needed as people explore God’s call and needs which match that calling.
- Seek out mission conferences. You will search out conferences, other mission organizations and venues which provide opportunities to share priority mission needs.
Relationship to GlobalGrace:
- Report to and coordinate Mobilizers work with our International Field Director and the Executive Director
- Relate closely with the Personnel Coordinator, Personnel Committee and the Executive Director
- Serve as a GGF Advisory Board Member, invited to all Trustee meetings
- Be well acquainted with GGF's home office staff
- Raise personal support to cover Mobilizer budget
Qualifications, qualities, skills, experience:
- Godly character
- Passion for Christ, His people, and His purposes
- Affirmation of GGF's mission, vision, and statement of faith
- Missions experience (preferred) and/or understanding of world missions (this may come through a Perspectives course if no mission or field experience)
- Servant’s heart
- Effectiveness in communicating and teaching
- Ability to give good counsel
- B.A. degree or equivalent
- Position: Full or part time, flexible hours